Saturday 16 June 2012

Olympic Torch

You can't go anywhere in the UK right now without seeing the Union flag. It's everywhere.

A chicken, a bag, a t-shirt and flags.

Yep, 2012 is the year of the Union Jack. And every time I see it my eyes are drawn to it.  I've really had to stop myself stocking up on Jubilee, Jack and Olympic themed junk (secretly I want it all). I've got a limited excess baggage allowance and I'm only shipping a few boxes to the USA.

This week the Olympic torch came by us.
Yes, that's a crochet torch - my mum was jealous because she didn't think to make one!

It's been nice to feel a dose of patriotism every time I step out. It is so much more common to see patriotism in the USA, where people fly the Stars n Stripes on their house/car/business far more readily.

No comments:

Post a Comment