Sunday 27 January 2013

 
A quick rundown of what we've enjoyed this week in the Glad House…

Watching

Gosford Park on Netflix - can you believe I hadn't seen this inspiration for Downton Abbey until now? Fabulous cast, and great screenplay worthy of the Academy Award.

Vinepeek - with the launch of new social media site Vine, the video equivalent of Instagram, comes vinepeek. It's like the movie Life in a Day with even less context, but just as compelling. I noticed lots of cats, lots of wine, lots of babies.

Admiring

Pinup paintings with the original photographs - Elvgren pinup girls are well-known for their beautiful cheekiness. It's fun to see the original models for some of the famous paintings.

Frosty the snowcat and namesake - cold weather hit the news on both sides of the pond this week. I'm a sucker for this photo just because I have my own white kitty.

Fire and ice in Chicago - such strange yet beautiful photos of firefighters putting out a smoldering blaze in sub-zero temperatures.

Reading

Love Note to a Pink door - this is what happens when you ask a kid for their favorite thing about Philadelphia.

Frozen Soda shuts down PA highway - a bit of a sticky situation.

How I lost my wedding ring - poor Raspy Wit, but hilariously illustrated.

How Toy Story 2 was deleted twice - this is a fascinating account of one of the best movie sequels made. Well worth a read.

Snuggle up with your loved ones, it's Sunday
Let me know what you're enjoying today?

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that there was insperation for Downton Abbey! How fun, I must watch.
    Today, I am enjoying the sun and a wonderful cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I didn't realize it was the inspiration either to be honest, until after we watched it. It's a fantastic movie so I definitely recommend you watch.

      Delete