Sunday 5 May 2013

Sunday Supplements (and Sunday Puppy too)

 
Hey look at this - a cellphone special. I don't just take photos with an old beat-up DSLR. I do take photos with my cellphone, but I haven't quite dipped my toe into the Instagram pool yet. That may well change soon as I'm excited about using Instagram (and Vine) for some social media marketing purposes, not for me exactly, but I sense that might happen too… Tell me your thoughts on photo-sharing-socialite-marketing.

EATING/DRINKING


Rittenhouse fayre  - I attended the Philadelphia Art Alliance's annual fundraiser this week, formerly the Wetherill Ball and now re-branded as Spring at the Mansion. It was a sumptuous and bright affair, but this is the only photo I took:

This is Instagram fodder, right?

WATCHING


Portlandia - I think this show appeals to that certain kind of hipster who understands the whole premise of the sketches but isn't too hip to be able to laugh at one's self. And I'm not sure how I feel about being one of those people.

ADMIRING


Never Give Up: Covers of the Postal Service - found through Mooreaseal. As per my 'watch' of this week and all the stereotypes I embody, I really enjoy the name, purpose and sound of this EP. Always love a good cover of Such Great Heights.

READING


Across the Pond: Planning ahead - Fellow expat blogger Meg captures the essence of being Gen Y as she plans to move back from the UK (Glasgow, no less) to the USA. I felt exactly the same a year ago as I quit my job and planned my move, so this post really struck me.

Postcards from Rachel: The Trouble with moving  - Expat diaries host Rachel writes a slightly unintentionally hilarious account of having a meltdown from trying too hard not to appear like an identity thief.

To talk of manufacturing - Katherine from Of Corgis and Cocktails does it again with this account of why it's good to buy Made in the USA, even if it's more expensive. This is something I struggle with as a consumer, and hence why I did a few 'fashion' posts focusing on thrift, not just 'fast-fashion'.

Tell me what you've been up to, what you've read, and especially your thoughts on what works and doesn't with photo-sharing. I'd love to hear it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment