Wednesday 11 September 2013

Labor Day, Philadelphia, 2013

Last year for Labor Day, we stayed at home, baked cookies and watched Newsies. This year I had the honor of witnessing Philadelphia's Labor Day parade. Just like July 4th, I thought I'd share some of my photos from the beginning of the parade.

Now the tricky part about this was the rain that hit just as the event got going. It was torrential, but it didn't deter those who marched - which was truly awe-inspiring. People grabbed plastic ponchos and kept on walking. I grabbed one myself, although I used it to cover and protect my camera, while I got drenched from head to toe. My shoes took days to dry. I didn't mind though - it was much warmer than the same kind of rain in Glasgow!

So that's why these photos aren't the best, as most were taken through the armhole of a free plastic poncho.


What did you get up to for the holiday weekend? And what are you looking forward to this fall?

1 comment:

  1. First of all I love your blog, I am an expat from NZ living in Texas, so I love seeing your perspective.

    In response to the raffle copter... I would really love to see Crater Lake. I guess it's not a monument but it is on my top 10 things to see here!

    Thanks for all your great posts,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete